Friday, July 23, 2010

The hitlist

Voila my amazing pixel art skills (not).



So this is where we'll be going, approximately, complete with a small pixellated Tegan riding a baguette (fitting as we fly to Prague, numero uno from Paris).

Before I'll even have time for a café crème we'll be swept away in 6 hours of madness.

As I write, I'm in the process of finalising accommodation. I just sent an email off to a lady who politely asked whether I'd like a private room or to be part of the fray in the 25 person dorm. Obviously the prospects of sleep seem dashed but I'm sure I'll meet some crazy people, hear some sex noises and may be collateral damage when someone smokes a bong. But it'll all add to the experience I want: seeing the rougher side to travels.

And yes I've already been asked if I've designed the toe tag for the morgue but in reality I don't think couchsurfing is as dodgy as it seems. I've planned for 3-4 places within the hostel visits for this experience.We'll see if I end up in a body bag. Otherwise, no judgments people!

3 comments:

  1. I think I love you even more for giving Eastern and Northern Europe priority over everywhere else- Mediterranean shmediterranean, the Arctic's where it's at. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love :) all for your benefit

    Scandinavia is lovely and sunny this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your pixelated tegan is WAY too chubby, although her breats stand out nicely.

    sorry this is totally unrelated to your otherwise excellent post.

    ReplyDelete