Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Roman Holiday

For those that have my facebook, you have surely seen facebook updates about my little trip to Italy. Actually my first trip to the boot-shaped nation. It was brief; for starters. I got to Rome Fiumicino airport on Sunday evening and was flying out by midday on Tuesday. Not enough time to do much more than marvel at some of the architecture and moan about the state of the weather.

It pissed with rain. All day. The one full day I was there.



I did take some good pictures but generally the weather put a damper on things. That and perhaps the very suss service apartment we booked last minute. Somewhat better than the ill-advised stay in a love hotel in Taipei I had once but not good. I was with my mum and brother and to give you a picture of what it was like, my mum stepped on a rusty nail and was concerned about tetanus.



None the less, I had pizza. I had pasta. I had gelato. Veni, vidi, vici -- as far as the food is concerned.
I was somewhat glad to get back to France, I was pretty sure I'd eventually roll back, bloated by all the carby food. I must say it felt weird to be in a similar language but suddenly deaf and dumb. I was also insanely thirsty all the time and very glad to have juice without sugar, as in Italy practically everything was loaded with it. Still, my interest in Italy is whetted - but I think to really have fun, I'd go somewhere a bit off the beaten track next time.

4 comments:

  1. Dude, Venice is totally worth it. You should've went there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bruno 是正确的...。但你 Bruno 高估了威尼斯,相对而言佛罗伦萨是一个非常美丽的城市...然而大多数商品来自中国- 价格仍是昂贵 !!!小小妹..你必须再去意大利旅游...但你需要花一个星期去意大利 小蜡笔妈妈

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey anonymous, totes agree about Florence, it's a beautiful city!!! But Venice is gorgeous, you can't deny it. Spend enough time there,ignoring the million little souvenir shops, just getting lost... is wonderful. It's one of my fave places. :) Basically Tegan failed at Italy, she needs to check them both out. Also Napoli is multo bellisimo or whatever. 我可能是喝醉了...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruno, anonymous is my mum. She was with me in Rome ;)
    你一定喝醉了.

    ReplyDelete