This weekend I got out of the bubble of Aix-Paris-London and did something exciting and new. I decided to venture to Montpellier with a few friends I have met on my exchange. Despite my train being delayed twice due to, as the SNCF says: "unfavourable weather up north" I managed to get there in one piece on a cold and exhausting Friday night.
We got to check out the night life (seedy bar, complete with a bear and a twinkie; circling us on the dancefloor) and the beautiful christmas lights. Much like Aix, Christmas markets are a big thing for Montpellier and vin chaud, churros and pretzels were being sold like hot-cakes.
 |
| Walking around at night near Place de la Comedie |
 |
| Montpellier by day, plenty of classical style architecture around |
 |
| Fondue restaurant with their "biberon" (baby bottle) specialty glasses |
All in all a very pleasant weekend with art galleries, long walks around town, rich food (we rolled home fuller than googs with cheese and chocolate fondue) and wine.
No comments:
Post a Comment