Friday, September 10, 2010

Aix

What a week it has been since I got here! Amazing food, wonderful people... and a war against mosquitoes.

Clubs in Aix are ... moist. First night I was taken out, it rained. Southerners are not used to the rains at all, and they have a reason to I suppose, it's lovely weather all year round. Running on cobblestones in torrential rain at 2am, not a fantastic idea. In heels no less.

Neither is wearing the same heels while hurrying home for that eight o-clock walk of shame. Masochist? Perhaps. I took my heels off once and glass cut me. Lovely.

I tried Pastis, the drink of the south and have decided it tastes like toilet water.

3 comments:

  1. I personally think it tastes more like ass, but that's me.

    AND DOES IT NOT REMIND YOU OF DETTOL???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! It looks like a cleaning solution!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean the whole milky in water thing, the feeling like you're going to need medical attention shortly after drinking it, the fact you could clean a submarine hull with the stuff... bleh

    ReplyDelete