Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Copenhagen

We woke up slightly sore on some slopey cushion's on a mate's dorm room floor. However I think this is far better than waking up finding valuables stolen so I took the pain in my leg in my stride.

We went to freetown Christiania, made like the locals... and had a milkshake. Lunch was a blur of happy colours. I got really really hungry afterwards though, which is quite possibly the worst part of traveling, needing to constantly spend money on food. I would report though that even at 7-11, Denmark has awesome awesome pastries.

Walking around more, having coffee and what not, it seems to be the trend here, aside from bicycle riding to just sit in a cafe for two hours... walk a little and go to another cafe. I don't blame the people, it is so windy here, it's a great relief to have something warm in cold hands. We checked in to a dive of a hotel, since Copenhagen hostels are pretty much as expensive as budget hotels. It's alright, we were happy to lie on a bed. We planned to snooze for 30min but R and I ended up sleeping for over 2hrs. It's actually dark now, surprise surprise. We shall try to check out the nightlife tonight.

Off to Hamburg tomorrow afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. pat pat said " 听起来你以较慢的速度享受旅行. 开学之前是时候好好休息...现在是时候品尝德国香肠??!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why delete a post for? Copenhagen sounds quite fantastic. pictures pictures mi amor!

    ReplyDelete